1. Indonesian forest with mega biodiversity, is very potential for the implementation of carbon trading schemes, i.e. the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) scheme, Reducing Emission from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD) scheme and Voluntary scheme.
2. The afforestation & reforestation project under the CDM is very flexible because it can be done at forest area, forest community area, state forest area and private land. Land use change that can be done in the afforestation & reforestation project under the CDM is conversion from agriculture, wetland, settlement area, ranch area or prairie to forest.
3. There is 11 steps to implement afforesation and reforestation project under the CDM in Indonesia.
4. The afforestation & reforestation project under the CDM can be done well if there is big support from NGO or international institution. It is important thing, because Indonesia is lack of finance sources and has no experiences in implementation the Forestry CDM.
The Procedure Of Implementation Afforestation And Reforestation Project Under The Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) In Indonesia
5. Knowledge and skills of human resources in Indonesia is ready to implement of the Forestry-CDM, mainly if there is support from developed country (Annex I).
6. Ideally, it is better if we can start to implement the pilot project of the Forestry CDM minimum 6 units (in West Indonesia 2 units, Central Indonesia 2 units and East Indonesia 2 units).
The Procedure Of Implementation Afforestation And Reforestation Project Under The Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) In Indonesia. by: Dr. Gun Mardiatmoko (firstname.lastname@example.org).
FORESTRY DEPARTMENT, FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE, PATTIMURA UNIVERSITY. 2009